Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Brandon, this one is for you

Here are a few oldish/recentish/this semesterish head paintings. The first two are of my friend Brandon, who ever so kindly took the time to pose a couple of hours for me, and who has been waiting patiently to see these, and who doesn't actually have a lazy eye...I just painted it that way...I don't know what happened.

The third painting was done in-class. Usually I see my colors too hot, so this time I decided to help my colors come out cooler by thinking of really cold thoughts while painting--like Antartica, streaking during a blizzard and pistachio ice cream...mmmmm, pistachio ice cream. Apparently I should think colder thoughts more often, because it worked.








1 comment:

Caitlin said...

yay brandon!!! those look awesome, way to go lady.