Friday, June 5, 2009

When the Road Runs Out

Life is an interesting thing. Sometimes it guides you down well-lit streets with signs directing your path; other times it shoves you down roads that may be a little bumpy and unfamiliar, even roads that may seem like dead ends. The beauty about these untraveled paths is that they spurt (or maybe force) new levels of growth, deeper sensitivity and greater appreciation for life's beautiful things. It's no wonder that when our paved roads turn to gravel, we have to slow down a bit and watch our footing. I suppose my current slow-traveling time down rough roads may explain why I've been extra slow at producing artwork, but possibly might also explain why I feel as if I am on the verge of something incredible; new ideas are born and creativity is inspired on these roads where we are forced to slow down just a bit and see life for what it really is. That being said, I have nothing to post for now other than that thought. I do feel like creating something awesome though, so here I go. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Will Strong said...

Keep it up. I can't wait to see where you (and the rest of our class) end up in the field and in life.