Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy (very) Belated Birthday Jess!


question:




answer:

 

It all started with a quick doodle in my sketchbook, which transformed into a promised (but unfinished) birthday present for my sister, whose painting approach transformed after I flipped through a few John Singer Sargent books, (and whose color scheme changed after peeing in a grayed cerulean blue bathroom stall with my black coat and dark beige colored bag hanging on the door), which finally led to the finished (and very belated) birthday gift above (sorry Jess). Personally I'm pretty happy with it. Hopefully it was worth the long wait.

4 comments:

kwistin said...

oh, TOTALLY worth the wait! leslie, i miss your stuff. *super* love this, in all its quirkiness.

btw, did you get your stuff from the studio? i can check tomorrow....

Leslie Duke said...

Thanks Kristin! It was a really fun piece to do.

I got all of my stuff from the studio last weekend. The crazy thing is that people that graduated before me still have flat files full of their work. Crazy. Thanks for helping me out! You're a true pal.

Gretta said...

Oooh! Beauty!

tappens said...

why didn't you take a picture of the bathroom stall for your inspiration montage?