Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wallpaper my world

I just finished a couple of editorial illustrations for BYU's Center for Teaching and Learning. They're putting out a magazine called Inspire next month for BYU professors. Both of the illustrations are done in acrylic and colored pencil. The article titles are "Syllabus Builder" and "Podcasts."

The lady/Syllabus Builder was my favorite to do simply because I am obsessed with old wallpaper patterns. There is just something about their patterns and colors that make me feel so inspired. I especially love William Morris' wallpaper and fabric designs. In fact, while I was interning in New York last month I bought a fantastic book full of his designs. He was around during both the Arts and Crafts Movement and Art Nouveau, which are two of my very favorite periods. The artwork that was born during those years is absolutely gorgeous! I love the organic quality of the line work, the brilliant colors and the combination of modeled and flat objects. Basically what I am trying to say here is that I love wallpaper, William Morris, the Arts and Crafts Movement and Art Nouveau. Oh and I love peanut butter, but that doesn't really have anything to do with anything...




1 comment:

Will Strong said...

Brother Brigham is totally hip.